Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Whole New Jay


Hola Internet Peeps! Jay here to talk about social media again! I know you’re getting tired of Jay talking about social media BUT IT’S ALL HE’S GOT! So please be patient with Jay. Also, Jay has a few more things that he hasn’t addressed. But, Jay is a nice guy, so Jay will compromise with you. Jay will stop blogging in third person. How’s that for fair? Jay agrees!

Whew! I’m glad that third person shit is over with. It was getting annoying. Anyhoodle, I’ve been thinking about social media and my post from last week plus some things that happened over the weekend and I’ve come to a conclusion. I’m simply too nice. I let too many things go. It’s time Jay took a stand.  Oops, slipped back into third person there. Sorry, old habits die hard.

The first thing I want to talk about is something I tweeted about last week and the uber lovely Dianne with two n’s posted about yesterday. Blogger has changed up its word verification. And? IT’S BULLSHIT! So, Jay I’ve come up with a new commenting policy. 
Effective immediately, on blogs that I have followed for a long time, I will attempt to comment ONCE. If the word verification doesn’t let me through, then I’ll move on. On all knew blogs, I will not even take the time to attempt to break through the idiotic word verification. I don’t want to hear your complaints about spam. Too fucking bad. If you make it hard for people to comment on your blog, then you have no room to complain about people not commenting.

Same rule goes for blogs with comment moderation. I don’t know why, but I really, REALLY hate comment moderation. Well, I do know why. It takes away from the community feel of blogging and restricts the back and forth that commenting can sometimes create. Anyway, for blogs I’ve read for a while now, I’ll try ONCE and that’s it.

Also, I will no longer ReTweet, Digg, Stumble, Reddit or otherwise promote other people’s shit who never reciprocate at all. That’s total bullshit right there. You arrogant, entitled pieces of shit! I help you promote your shitty writing or podcasts, but you think you are owed that and don’t turn around help me with my shitty writing and podcast? Well fuck you!

You know, I kind of like this “New Jay.” Jay doesn’t put up with anyone’s shit. Jay takes a hard line with social media people. That’s right, Jay is writing in third person again! You know why? Because Jay doesn’t give a fuck, that’s why!

Well, okay I kind of give a fuck. I mean, I’m still a nice guy. I wish I wasn’t sometimes. And maybe I shouldn’t be. But, I do hold back a lot. I let a lot of things go and I think it’s time to stop doing that. In fact, on Twitter this morning I took a run at Miranda Lambert, and I just a little exchange with Gregg Doyel of CBS Sports. Of course, I lost, but that’s okay. I took a run at him. I’ll win next time. It’s about not letting things go.

It’s all about being a whole new Jay. If that’s okay with you guys? Is it?

Jayman
Email: Jayman3768@gmail.com
Twitter: @Jayman_IWS

--

In other, yet related news, Matt-Man and Jayman presented “A Social Media Extravaganza in Third Person” on I’m With Stupid. And? It was fantabulous! An absolute classic. Listen in to find out the OUTRAGEOUS request that Jay fielded on Saturday from another BTR host. And, Jay’s reasoning behind agreeing to it. Although, the “new” Jay would never have done so.

We talked Social Media, Whitney Houston’s funeral and then IWS favorite Mike (who uses that annoying damn word verification) called in. And of course there was a “Pee Break with Schmoop” segment that was just awesome.

So, check it out! We very much appreciate your listening and in now feel like we’re entitled to it. We just want to make everyone happy and bring a smile to their face.


Listen to internet radio with Im With Stupid on Blog Talk Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment