Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Great Preheating Experiment


Hola Bitches! Jayman Here!

So, over the last year you guys have all sat back and watched in awe as Matt-Man and I have built an online media empire. We started with the critically acclaimed and highly rated podcast “I’m With Stupid.” We also added our Twitter Accounts to the IWS media world and then set up an official IWS Tumblr. And, finally we created this wildly popular blog.

With all the success we’ve had, it would appear to the outside world and our adoring fans that Matt-Man and I work together like a well-oiled machine. Most people probably think that it’s all fun and games between us and our agreeable nature means that there are no rifts or tension between us as we go through our daily decisions as to who posts when and what topics to discuss and all the other very hard work that goes into creating a media empire with a vast and diverse worldwide audience.

And for the most part that’s true. I’d say that 98.34% of the time, Matt-Man and I agree on things. But, there are a couple of issues that we just can’t seem to see eye-to-eye on and while they seem minor, from time to time they bubble up to the surface and cause a bit of a problem. One such issue has finally come to head and I have decided to do something to end this once and for all.

Tonight, I agreed to actually preheat my oven before cooking my frozen DiGiorno’s Pepperoni Pizza and Breadsticks combination.

You see, Matt-Man holds fast and true to the very old-fashioned belief from days of yore that you MUST preheat your oven before cooking something. While I agree that when baking things like cakes, cookies and breads preheating is necessary, for most foods like chicken, roasts, pizza and potatoes it is not only not necessary, but a waste of time. However, I agreed to try it out tonight and then report back to the masses as to how well it worked out for me.

6:00 pm: Okay, instructions say oven at 400̊ F and bake for 18 minutes. So, I’ll turn the oven on and wait for the little light to go out and let me know the oven is preheated.  

6:02 pm: *Checks Oven* *Light is still on* I’M SOOOOO BORED AND TIRED OF WAITING!

6:03 pm: *Light is still on* OH COME ON!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

6:04 pm: OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! IT WOULD BE HALF DONE ALREADY! *goes back to watching football*

6:30 pm: “Oh shit! The oven is on!” *runs into the kitchen*

6:32 pm: *FINALLY puts pizza in oven*

6:50 pm: *takes perfectly cooked pizza and breadsticks from oven*

Okay, so the pizza was freaking delicious. And, preheating the oven does seem to have helped make sure it cooked evenly and all that jazz. But, it added a full 30 minutes extra time to preparing dinner. So, while preheating the oven might result in a slightly better cooked product, it ads so much time to the process that it’s probably not worth it.

Sorry Matt-Man, I have to declare victory on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment