Monday, December 5, 2011

People Continue to Suck


Hola Bitches! Speaking of Cold and Flu Season, and we were

You know, we spend a lot of time in this country making fun of people we run into at Walmart. And with good reason too. Some of the most ridiculous members of society frequent that place. Not to mention some of the most violent like to go there on Black Friday.

But you know what? Walgreens isn’t much of a step up. Just because people are paying outrages and honestly, sometimes offensive prices for the same stuff they could get at Walmart much cheaper, doesn’t mean they’re a better class of shopper. These people will walk right in front of you and stand there even though it’s obvious you were looking at something on the shelf too.

They’ll run into an old friend, or someone they talk to every day, and stand there blocking the aisle talking and not care who they are inconveniencing just like Walmarters will. They’ll let their demon spawn run free pretty much everywhere also. And, they’ll wait until everything is rung up and THEN get their checkbook out. This is one of my favorite things people do. So fucking annoying.

But, it’s over at the pharmacy where things always get interesting. Walgreen’s pharmacy does the same thing banks do. Despite the fact that they get really busy during lunchtime when people are trying to run in and pick up their prescriptions, they allow their people to go to lunch during that busy time too, rather than earlier or later than the “noon rush.” I just don’t understand this.

However, as I said, it’s the customers who make going there really special. Just the other day I was there and there was a bit of a line. I decided since I was already there, I would just stay and stand in line. The lady sitting in a chair informed me that she was in line, but felt too bad to stand, which was perfectly understandable.

So, as we’re waiting, she starts talking about how cold it is and how she wished she had never moved back here from Florida where she had lived the last eight years. She kept talking about the great weather there, living five minutes from the beach, there was so much to do there and on and on and on.

Then, as the line was getting smaller she got up and took her place in front of me. She then turned to me and said “And, in eight years in Florida I never got sick once! But, I move back here and I have had two colds and now pneumonia.”

When I finally got to the counter they told me that the prescription hadn’t been filled yet and it was “on the truck” and would not be available for a while.

So, I stood there in line with Ratso Rizzo’s long lost sister spewing her pneumonia germs right in my face while talking about how great Florida is compared to Arkansas and they didn’t even have the prescription that they were given three days advance notice to fill. How freaking great is that?

And people wonder why I wish I lived in a place where everything from prescriptions to beer to groceries can be ordered online and then delivered and you never have to deal with people.


--

In other news, last Saturday on I’m With Stupid we talked writing. Books, writers, authors and a little bit about writing styles and blogging. Good friend of the show Mike called in so he could make his voice heard too.

It was an excellent show and an all-around good time for all. So, check it out if you get the chance and don’t hesitate to tell your friends about us.

Listen to internet radio with Im With Stupid on Blog Talk Radio


No comments:

Post a Comment