Sunday, June 24, 2012

Haters Gonna Hate...But I Choose Not To

Hiya and Cheers Chuckleheads!!

Y’know…I’m pushing 50 years of age…I am a man with 47 years under his belt, and…

Jayman and I did a show yesterday about Haters.

They hate everything.  Prices at the pump…prices on smokes…the way people talk, and…you name it, some folks are simply born to be haters, and sadly, and most importantly…

Haters hate people.

Yep….They hate you.  They hate him.  They hate her, and ultimately, and more profoundly…

They hate me.

IKR!?

How could anyone hate the Matt-Man?  It’s like, a non-sequitir.

And yet…some people do, and I, until last night, hated them as well right back.  However…

I am flippin’ my hate and becoming, one magnificent Matt-Man Love Machine.  No, it’s true!!

Take last night for instance…

Typically on Facebook on Sundays after the IWS show, when I have nothing better to do other than to get drunk and raise Hell, I do so, and proceed to alienate my “friends” on Facebook.  Well folks…

Yesterday, I did none of that.  Nope.  I barely posted, and what I did post, was mainly a couple of old 80’s songs, and then guess what happened?

I announced to the world that I was going to go have a beer on my porch of the palatial digs, and I did….and then…

I wanted to do it again, so I went back to the digs, and on the way out after picking up my second beer, I knocked on my neighbor’s door.

He answered.  I said, “grab a beer and come out front with me.”  He did, and we chatted.  Through three beers and 45 minutes, our differences in politics, life, or whatever, dissolved into just two guys sitting out front.

We just, “shot the shit”, as it were.

Lasty week, some chick that I have known for six years or so, gave me shit because I favored a couple of women with whom I grew up more than her.

This same chick called me a popularity whore, a man who lacks loyalty, and one who has no class.  She went on to say that she had known me for six years and I was taking side with a couple of “newbies.”

Ha.

First of all, the women I sided with, and encouraged, and hoped to in the future make love to were not newbies. I have known them for almost four decades, but…

That’s not the point.

The point is, when one gets older, goes out on the porch, and looks up at a beautifully shaped crescent moon, one smiles.

When one knocks on the door of a guy who shares discordant political views and asks him to have a beer with him, and he accepts, one smiles.

And when a person can spend his life with his best friend through many ups and downs, he certainly smiles.

And THAT is the point.

Perceived likeness, loyalty, and the “hey I knew him first shit” got nothing on the quality of friendships.

There are a handful of people I would go down with on the ship of life, and guess what?

They are chicks I have known forevah, a skinny, non-cooking chick I have come to love, and a guy with whom I do a radio show.

As for the people who have been part of my disloyal, hit page whore parade…Go fuck yourselves.  I am too old to have time for that, and for you.

Cheers!!

Matt-Man

neshobadude@yahoo.com
@mattmaniws 

And by the way...Jayman and I did a show about Haters yesterday...No, it's true!!  Give it a listen and see if you were mentioned.  A lot of people were...I mean...a lot of haters were:


No comments:

Post a Comment